메뉴 건너뛰기

조지아주닷컴

2022.08.13 19:52

UCLA에 합격한 본원수강생 Common Application Essay 최초공개!!

?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 첨부

안녕하세요~
Steven Academy 에서 알려 드립니다.

UCLA에 합격한 본원 수강생!
Common Application Essay 최초공개!

1) 스티븐허 원장이 9학년부터 지도했어요.
2) 명문 사립대에도 합격했어요.
3) 학생 동의를 얻었습니다.

UCLA에 합격한 수강생 Common Application Essay 최초공개!
One of my earliest memories is of my mother pouring fresh water to the brim into a newly cleaned bowl after having done the dishes and bowing to it. She would bend at the waist mumbling inaudibly with hands pressed together at the palms. Even then, I think I was about five, it stuck in my mind as unusual: I remember being told to bow to grandfather, grandmother, or this or that grownup, but to a bowl of water? I now know her conviction was praying to the Jo-whang-shin, or the kitchen goddess of the fire and the hearth, kind of like Vesta in Western religions. I now know that this is a somewhat common rite among Korean women. Her practice has a great curiosity for me more than some text learning at school since it is so culturally exotic, even for Korea, but logically, it’s, well, a little spooky and weird. But, I realized, who am I to say that there is little truth in her beliefs? I always wondered though how my life would have been different if I had grown up in a “normal Christian home.”

I grew up thinking that praying to a still bowl of water was reasonable if one wanted good auspices of the Jo-whang-shin, although I was told by mother to be Buddhist in public, since it raises the fewest callous questions from people who don’t understand, even among Koreans. Strangely now even with all this occult background, I attend a very Christian school. Only then did I learn that my youth was a little non-standard. Truthfully though, are the distinctly different writing styles of the one Bible the direct voice of God? To me both seemed somewhat unreasonable, the praying to the Jo-whang-shin with an offering of a bowl of water or praying to food from God before we eat it.

Standing on the crosswalk alone in the night, waiting for the green light, I can sense the presence of the numerous people who busily passed through this crosswalk all day in this city of Seoul of millions. Only the lights on the street are there with me. [continued]

*학생요청으로 1/2만 공개합니다.

AP, IB, SAT, PSAT, ACT, 저학년 Homework Help, 등등 모든 수업 가능
* 수업에 따라 줌이나 대면 가능 합니다

문의는 전화 또는 카톡 주십시오.

전화번호 415-918-6018
한국전화 02-538-6018
이메일 상담 frontoffice@stevenacademy.com
카카오톡 상담  http://pf.kakao.com/_wGrYl
저희 기업형 카톡 친구 추가해주시면 편리하게 문의할수 있습니다

공식 홈페이지 http://www.stevenacademy.com/
VOD 인강 https://onlinesteven.com/  (과목당 $99 / 9만9천원 무제한 반복 수강)

공지사항 자유게시판 이용에 대하여 운영자
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 조회 수
611 재수강률 TOP! 장재원 강사가 정규반으로 돌아오다! file Steven 23
610 취업이민 3순위 비숙련직(EW-3) APPRO 프로그램 file 그늘집 27
609 비이민비자 인터뷰 이후 file 그늘집 431
608 E-2 비자와 신분 file 그늘집 30
607 미국에서 한국 은행, 관공서에 전화하기 TIP file 아톡 25
606 미국비자발급, 이민페티션문제, 거절된비자, 체류신분, 자유왕래문제 해결 file usvisa 32
605 [2022 Kakao Entertainment Friends Global Online Audition in NORTH AMERICA] file Bryan00 25
604 한국 방문 정보 file 양인혜 23
603 입국심사시 주의사항 file 그늘집 41
602 스티븐허원장의 26년 미국대학입시경험으로 케이스별 명문대합격사례 입시설명회를 진행합니다!! file Steven 37
601 체류신분 연장 file 그늘집 35
600 105만불 직접투자이민 준비서류 file 그늘집 25
» UCLA에 합격한 본원수강생 Common Application Essay 최초공개!! file Steven 27
598 [Emory 대학교 간호학과 온라인 연구 참가자 모집] 대장·직장암 진단받은 아시아계 미국 거주 여성분들(50달러 기프트카드 증정) file sontcola 54
597 SAT 만점 Essay 최초 공개!! file Steven 25
596 이민법과 세금보고 file 그늘집 17
595 J-1비자, 2년 본국거주의무 사면(waiver) file 그늘집 23
594 SAT 실전 파이널반 오픈! file Steven 24
593 2022년 9월중 영주권 문호 file 그늘집 26
592 취업이민 3순위 비숙련직(EW-3) file 그늘집 33
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 51 Next
/ 51
위로